Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Warrior vs the Beast

The time is drawing nearer for me to meet my unseen adversary...my unknown challenge...my mental opponent. Physically I have been preparing to meet this Beast for months...running, lifting, training. The line has been drawn and its my time to put up or shut up. No more distractions...no excuses...no reasons not to accomplish this task in front of me. Its been years since I have been this physically fit...and this motivated to accomplish something.

Thinking back I have asked myself, "why?" Why this? Why now? The only answer is...why not! I have never entered a road race...or a competition like this. Never attempted a marathon...or even a half marathon. Hell, I have never done a sport where this type of endurance was necessary. Running, climbing, crawling, lifting...my focus is not on winning...its on finishing.

The team that I am with is amazing...we have a great leader. She is outspoken, strong and kind. The rest of the team are equally outstanding. Our support for each other is second to none. Team Wolfpack will rock this!

My will cannot be broken...not there. I will accomplish this. I will triumph over the Beast.

"Come back with my shield or on it"

-Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment