When people think about building bridges...in most cases they are talking about connecting people with other people. In some cases, they are talking about access....giving people the ability to come and go from their lives. While I think that building bridges are an excellent way to connect people...its also a great way to show them the way out of your life. I love that. Without that bridge there...they would be stuck with you...and you with them. How much would that suck?
Im a Master Bridge Builder...not by trade obviously. I have the innate ability to connect with anyone...and disconnect from just about anyone. I have learned to show people the door, point them in the right direction and raise the bridge once they are over it. It seems cruel, but sometimes we all have to be selfish. Sometimes, we have to put ourselves first. Sometimes, we need to rid ourselves of people (even ones that we love) to protect us from the heartache that they bring.
I have made a few bad choices in my life which I am constantly reliving. I have lost people that I deeply cared about over these. These scars will one day fade from memory and everyday thought...healing in time. The reminder will always be there...just not so vivid.
Whether you are building bridges to let people in...or let people out...just remember one thing. Happiness and love cannot be bought or manufactured. It is either there or it is not. Security is not happiness and no amount of that will ever let you know that you are loved.
-Kala
That is one fine looking family. Glad to see you on Free Thinking Adults, dude!
ReplyDeleteHot Rod