I have been stung by bees many times growing up...and I am lucky enough to not be allergic to them. I know many people who are so allergic...that a single sting could kill them. I heard that bee stings and most scorpion stings hurt about the same...the dangerous part is not in the sting but in the venom. I grew up thinking that the larger the scorpion...the more dangerous. When in all reality, its the small scorpion that is the most poisonous...the most deadly.
Playing with scorpions, no matter what the size, is probably a bad idea for most of us. No matter how careful we are, the more we play with them the better our chances are of being stung. Does this have anything to do with the "Scorpion and the Frog?" Actually it does. There's a definite attraction to the scorpion...its dangerous and intriguing...however, you will inevitably get hurt. No one knows when it will happen...but it will. Play with the wrong "Scorpion" could be deadly.
Of course this is a metaphor. We can be fooled by the "Scorpion" especially the ones that seem "less" dangerous. The smaller unassuming ones are the ones that can do the most harm. Its easy to avoid danger...when something looks dangerous. So how do we deal with the scorpion if we are already swimming it across the water and we are the "frog"? Easy, we swim down and around leaving it to fend for itself...protecting yourself and your loved ones in the meantime. This sounds terrible...but in truth, sometimes its the only way to get away when you are already involved.
Time to swim down...see ya later scorpion.
-Kala
PS- I googled "scorpion" in different languages...in the Spanish language, there were 3. One of them made me laugh. Guess which one cracked me up?
alacrán - escorpión - picar
No comments:
Post a Comment