I had the opportunity today to really close the door on a chapter of my life. It really is liberating although sad to see how the end of the chapter was written. The characters in the "book of Kala" sometimes reappear in different chapters...often times, with different roles to play. I love how some come and go every few years...how some have come and stayed...and how others have vanished from recent memory. At the end of my time here...I would love to re-read these thoughts just to see who have made it to the final chapter.
The future...
Since this is the first page of the next chapter...I want to let you know that today is the very first day of Summer. How cool is that thought? I have been working on getting fit for the past 6 months and the results have paid off in a big way. At least to me it has. I have lost more than 45 lbs from my heaviest weight until now...and shrunk down to a size 32" waist. I love getting into a new wardrobe...it really is uplifting. I went to 7 peaks and felt awesome...usually I hate the way that I look as I thought that I had really let myself go. I am glad that I have regained something that I had lost...my ability to control my eating habits and to be healthy. I am no gym rat...nor do I want to be. I just want to be around to see my kids grow older and mature...eventually having kids of their own.
Next week is the "Spartan Beast" and I am so not ready. My back is inflamed again (I had surgery 2 years ago) and so I am not sure how far I am really able to go. We shall see...hopefully I don't hurt myself too bad and I can complete the course. I am excited for this though...it has been a long time coming. Even if I don't complete it...I am going to give it my all.
I have met some awesome new friends lately...and I am glad for them...in all reality I needed them. The last month or so has been extremely difficult for me and so it was nice to have some great people to talk to...and relate with. The future is unwritten...I have no doubt that I will encounter other difficult times...but I hope that my chapters are more happy then sad, more loving than hurt, and more joy for me and my ohana.
A hui hou,
Kala and the Keikis....
Maybe you will have the opportunity to share with me the chapter of your life you closed today...I hope any hurt or sadness is minimal and passes quickly
ReplyDeleteIn regard to your success at getting back in shape and feeling great about yourself and in your clothes, I congratulate you! You have worked hard and you will do amazing in the Spartan Beast..regardless of whether you finish or not..
Here's hoping your future is more bright than dark!