Friday, June 8, 2012

Bait and Switch

How often does your entree actually look like the picture on the menu? And on the off-times that it does look like the pic...how often does it taste as good as it looked? I hate it when stuff like this happens. You go into something with high expectations, expecting things to be just as advertised...only to find out, what you get is nothing what you expected.

The "Bait and Switch" happens all the time in life....restaurants who cant measure up to their own menus, clothes that only look good on the models, and of course...relationships. So how do we avoid this in our daily lives...we could cook for ourselves...that way food comes out the way you want it...or at least we hope that it does. We could try on clothes with someone that is honest...who will tell us if we dont match. Finally, we could spend our time alone...its hard to bait and switch...if theres no one there. I dont think the last one will really work...but its at least worth a thought.

I think that its human nature to want to pair off and share affection and emotion with someone. So living in a self imposed solitary confinement makes little to no sense. Maybe its all about timing...and less about compatibility. Any thoughts?

-Kala

1 comment:

  1. Well if I were to cook it, it would come out way worse I think, lol. But in response to your view on the relationship aspect...it is absolutely human nature to want a person to share things with, to love and accept you, and to hold your best interests..an individual with whom you can feel safe. Timing is everything. What might not have been meant to be at one point in life, can come to be at another. Bottom line...you have to be willing to take chances. That is what life is about. You may not get exactly what you expected at the restaurant, but it could be better. You might not look exactly like the model in the clothes, but you look good for YOU. And with relationships..you take a chance and hope that you don't get hurt and you find that person that you can grow old with..trust me, I believe finding that is worth all the hurt, heartache and risk that may have already happened. You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince...or in your case I have no analogy, lol

    ReplyDelete