Friday, July 6, 2012

My "Focus" needed more "Focus"


"Purposeful Living" I once forgot that...and I sometimes need to be reminded of that. Why do I wake up every morning and press forward with my daily routine and activities? This is not a doctrinal blog...but a personal one. I go to work to make money...I need money to take care of my kids...so to take care of my kids...I need to work to make money.

The "cycle" is less like a circle drawn on a paper with arrows that go from one activity to another. It is more like bubbles that were blown from a really fun bubble blower...where many bubbles, of different shapes and sizes, gathered together to make its own interesting unique shape. For example...I work out to be healthy...so that I can be active...to take my kids to do fun activities OUTSIDE...which is fun...but I also do it to live a long life...so I can one day see my grand kids and spoil them rotten. Attached to that bubble is this...working out and eating healthy also helps me at work since I am happier...a happier me at work means that I am more productive...a more productive me means that I get more done...which makes my bosses happier. The bubbles that can attach to this are endless...but it all boils down to "purposeful living".

Sometimes our "Focus" needs more focus. Sometimes our "Direction" needs more direction. Sometimes our "Purpose" needs more purpose. I know this from personal experience...I have lived out of focus before...constantly moving but with no real direction...continually working but with no defined purpose. I love days to reset myself...days to reevaluate my direction...days to recenter my life. Setting aside time to think about my impact on those around me has changed the way that I view myself...it has allowed me to make necessary changes that were needed.

My dad is a great example of purposeful living. He is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination...but he has truly lived his life for his family. His ability to love even thru conflict is amazing. One day...I want to have some of the qualities my father possesses.

"Live Life on Purpose"

-Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment