This past Saturday I had the chance to go see the new Spiderman Movie...which I was really impressed with. I liked how they had portrayed each character...built them up. Most people feel that Spiderman was the real hero I disagree. I feel that the real hero was Peter Parkers Aunt and Uncle.
They took in Peter as a boy and raised him as their own. They gave their time, energy and love to a child that needed it. They provided for him and cared for him...they showed character and selflessness. I know that their story is fictional...that Peter and his family only exist in the movies, comic books and television. However, I know that there are real heros out there. Real men and women whose story is nothing short of heroic.
Without singling out any particular individual, I would like to address the great single mothers out there. Who wake up every morning and are constantly faced with the days challenges. Working, running their kids to their different activities, helping with homework, cooking dinner...add to that all the other things that occupy their time. I know that there are a lot of great men who also do this...but there are vast more women who are faced with these things.
To the men and women who are more than willing to take one the responsibilities of a surrogate mother and father...who do this with honor...who guide and protect the young ones that find themselves in their care...you are heros.
I have seen many of these heros...and each should be acknowledged for the good that they bring. These are the true heros...so if you see one...or come across one...make sure you tell them thank you. Great things are brought forth from their efforts and their sacrifice.
-Kala
No comments:
Post a Comment