Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Moments...

Have you ever remembered the moment that you were told that you would be a parent...or the moment that your child was born? How about the moment when something tragic happened...or the moment when something beautiful crossed your path? Do you remember that great idea that appeared out of nowhere or where that idea went when you tried to remember it the next day? In what ways will those that follow you...remember your moments?

I know that in my life that I have made many many mistakes. I also know that I have tried to remedy as many of those that I can possibly fix. I understand that some will remember me for my bad moments...and some will remember me for the good moments....and some will remember both. My shoes and I have traveled many miles digging deep for the person that I am today. Good and Bad choices litter my pathway as I walked on and worked on myself...sometimes taking the long road that once seemed like a short cut.

Everyday is a new challenge, filled with new obstacles and invisible rewards. Learning and growing are a couple of the unseen benefits of experiences AND failures. I sometimes need to remind myself that it is ok to fail...it is ok to work hard and not come in first. I also need to remind myself that I need to always strive harder and to work hard to accomplish my goals. To remember that greatness is not given...it is earned. Greatness is not always acknowledged by the masses but felt by the soul.

I challenged myself to grow mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically. To be the father that my father is to me. To be the man that is remembered for the good moments. Its these moments that I write about...those that have made me who I am today...so that one day my children will have a record of their father. Everyone walks their own path and documents their own journey. This is an on-going record of mine...the good, bad and ugly....the happy, sad, big and small...all moments experienced and written by me.

I hope that you enjoy reading about my moments.
Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment